HTF is pleased to announce that it will lower the Community, Town and Parish Council Annual Membership fee from £200 to £100 effective immediately. This represents an actual pro rata fee of £58.33 from 1 June. With decentralisation and the Localism Bill, local councils will be granted more powers. HTF recognises the value of heritage to smaller places and how important it is to offer guidance and a professional network of support to better manage the historic environment.
There are many benefits to Community, Town and Parish Council Membership:
ENGAGEMENT WITH THE FORUM
- Lobbying and influencing key policy making bodies
- Networking opportunities for sharing good practice and experiences with others active in the historic built environment
- Election of representative of Community, Town and Parish Council Member on HTF Executive committee. Executive Committee members receive 50% discount for on annual conference day(s) fee(s)
- Voting rights at HTF AGM.
NEWS AND PUBLISHED GUIDANCE
- Regular e-News and e-updates for all registered contacts on your Council
- Access to free downloads of all HTF publications
- Access to special offers on other publications and journals.
EVENTS AND SEMINARS
- Workshops, seminars and conferences designed for sharing information on issues concerned with the historic built environment, including localism, tourism, retail development, transport managment, housing growth and more
- Reduced fee places at HTF events. For example at ‘Understanding Localism’, Bath, 21 July a second place is offered at reduced price (non-member price £99, Member price £70, second place price £45)
- Free places at HTF Members only events. For example a free ‘Going for Purple Flag’ workshop just for HTF Members - Chester on 22 July 2011 and Glasgow 6 October 2011
- Access to all conference and seminar presentations online.
USING HTF MEMBERSHIP TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
- Online membership directory listing with a link to your website (although this listing is available to both members and non-members, the main contact details are available to members ONLY)
- Use of the HTF logo on the Member’s website and printed stationery to show that the Community, Town or Parish Council supports the HTF Mission ‘to promote the prosperity and heritage of historic towns and cities’
- Involvement in research projects.
So as not to disadvantage our Town and Parish Council Members who have paid £200 for their 2011 membership subscription they will receive 2012 membership for free.