English Heritage has issued the report on the findings of the consultation on the next version of the National Heritage Protection Plan. Key points of the report include:
- Broad support for a unifying framework that identifies the most important things to be done, and 56% of online respondents felt that it was clear what the current plan aimed to achieve
- General agreement that the right opportunities, threats and priorities for heritage had been identified
- Need for more clarity of roles and responsibilities of the organisations
- People and organisations would like to find out more about how to get involved
- Presentation and language of the NHPP needs to be clearer.
The next NHPP 2015-2020 is being developed by the independent advisory board and should be published later this year.