The Department for Communities and Local Government (CLG) has published proposals for the extension of permitted development rights to allow:
- Shops and financial and professional services premises to change use to a single dwelling;
- Existing buildings of up to 150 sq. metres used for agricultural purposes to change to residential use;
- Retail uses to change to banks and building societies;
- Premises used as offices, hotels, residential and non-residential institutions and leisure and assembly to change use to nurseries providing child care;
- Buildings of up to 500 sq. metres used for agriculture to be used for a new state funded school or a nursery providing child care.
The proposals are open for consultation until 15th October 2013.
Read more here