The Department for Transport has announced further details of the proposed Infrastructure Bill announced in the Queens Speech. The bill is intended to provide £2.6 billion to boost the economy over the next 10 years by:
- Improving the funding and management of major roads
- Streamlining the planning process for major projects
- Protecting infrastructure from invasive plants and animals
- Supply house building
- Make it easier and cheaper to register land and property
- Helping communities become stakeholders in renewable energy projects.
Full details of the intended bill are on the Government web site: